The Royal Military College (RMC) is the nation’s premier all-boys military school that has been producing notable alumni since its establishment in the year 1952. While in 1961, the school moved to its present campus located within the Sungai Besi Army Camp. To upkeep with the school expansion, a new school ground with modern facilities has been proposed in Bukit Belimbing area, on the southern border parcel of the camp area.
Designed to accommodate about 1,000 students, the school ground sits on a 26.6 hectares land surrounded serene hills and pristine lakes. The site is bordered by the Mines Resort City and township areas, with two access roads, from the camp area (former RMC ground) and even to the neighbouring township areas of Seri Kembangan.
Developed in two phases, the first phase comprises the new administrative and academic complex, hostel and other supporting facilities, such as multipurpose hall, armoury and gymnasium, surau and lecture halls. In long-term planning, the second development phase shall include additional sport and ancillary facilities.
As a full boarding military school, the school planning revolves its central marching ground where the marching parade and other school activities are being held. The ground is accompanied by the covered and open seating platforms, overlooking by administrative and academic buildings. The simplistic and straightforward building design rendered its primary function as a modern and prestigious military school, standing and aiming even higher with other internally renowned military schools.